Crispy Sweet Potato Korokke
When I was little, my favourite Lunch box menu was Sweet potato korokke.
Coated with black sesame,
It was Crispy and flavourful.
My Grand mum’s used to make a korokke with potato or pumpkin, I just loved it.
One of the very popular dishes in Japan, I never heard of someone who doesn’t like korokke!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 small Onion
- 1/2 tsp Curry powder
- 2 pinch Salt
- 2 pinch White pepper
- 2Tbsp Flour
- 2Tbsp Black sesame
- 1Tbsp Black sesame
- 1Tbsp flour for batter mix
- 2Tbsp Water for batter mix
- Oil for deep frying
- Steam over a high heat thick-cut sweet potatoes until cooked. You can also cook in a microwave. This recipe is also good for potato.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Place the vegetable oil in frying pan, and fry the chopped onion until tender.Add the curry powder and salt and pepper. I recommend adding a lot of white pepper.
- Peel and mash the sweet potatoes. And mix with 4.Take one of the portions and form it into a round shape.
- Prepare a tray containing flour.To prepare the batter. Put the flour in mixing bowl, pour In freshwater and stir briefly.
- Coat each of round potions with the flour, batter mix and sesame seeds in this order,Place the sweet potato balls in oil at 180 degrees.
- When the batter is crispy and turns light brown, retrieve the korokke and drain on a tray.