Sweet potato “ Korokke “ croquette
When I was little, my favourite Lunch box menu was Sweet potato korokke. Coated with black sesame,
It was Crispy and flavourful.
My Grand mum’s used to make a korokke with potato or pumpkin, I just loved it.
One of the very popular dishes in Japan, I never heard of someone who doesn’t like korokke!
- ・1 medium sweet potato
- ・1 small Onion
- ・1/2 tsp Curry powder
- ・2 pinch Salt
- ・2 pinch White pepper
- For batter mix
- ・1Tbsp flour
- ・2Tbsp Water
- ・2Tbsp Flour
- ・2Tbsp Black sesame
- ・1Tbsp White sesame
- ・Oil for deep frying
- Steam over a high heat thick-cut sweet potatoes until cooked. You can also cook in a microwave.
This recipe is also good for potato.
- Chop the onion finely.Place the vegetable oil in frying pan, and fry the chopped onion until tender.Add the curry powder and salt and pepper.
I recommend adding a lot of white pepper.
- Peel and mash the sweet potatoes.Add the onion into mashed potato
- Prepare a tray containing flour
To prepare the batter. Put the flour in mixing bowl, pour In freshwater and stir briefly.
- Take one of the portions and form it into a round shape.Coat each of round potions with the flour, batter mix and sesame seeds in this order,Place the sweet potato balls in oil at 180 degrees.
Tasty Other coating idea
Almond, Oats, Bread crumble